The church of Saint Demetrianos is a single aisle type with a single dome. From the outside it gives the impression that it has the shape of the cross, and somehow it is regarded as a collapsed version of the cross aisle domed basilica. These types of churches are much smaller than the official type of the cross aisle domed basilica.
This collapsed version has been widely constructed in the 12th century and one may find it all over Cyprus. This type was also widely used during the occupation of Cyprus by the Lusignans, but since then the windows around the dome have been reduced to four.
The church of Saint Demetrianos was built during the 13th Century, as it is evident from the pointed arches and the meticulously built structure of the walls. The frescoes of the walls also support this date.
Inside the church there are two layers of frescoes, quite fragmented. The newest is dated to 1317, according to the inscription which refers to the person who dedicated the fresco. Therefore, it follows that it is possible to date the first layer of the painting back to the 13th Century.
Some of the most significant frescoes which are preserved to this day is the one of Saint Demetrianos and the fresco depicting the donors Michael Katzouroumbo and his spouse.